November 24, 2009
Last night, NCSoft released their trailer for the future vision of Aion. Needless to say, a large portion of the community is extremely excited about what’s in store for the future of this game based on exclamations heard in vent and seen in chat channels in the game.
Although nothing is set in stone and some of this is sure to change, there’s quite a bit in this short video to look forward to. Some of the more obvious changes include:
- Updated graphics all around
- Dynamic weather and environments introduced
- New player mounts
- Ability for players to swim with new water environments added
- Player or Legion housing added with what appears to be a lot of customization
Less obvious changes and potential speculation:
- Player pets
- Combat mounts
- Updated spell animations, or possibly new spells added to the game
- Updated zones or new zones
- Massive battles in zones making the world more interactive
Aion always impressed me as being visually stunning for an MMO, but the changes here make it even more breathtaking. I’m sure NCSoft must be pushing the CryEngine to its limits with these updates, and it will be very much appreciated by the players.